Physics less object when holding in hands — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Physics less object when holding in hands

Slay291Slay291 Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited April 9 in Unity Development
Hello,
I'm using Unity SDK and I want items to be physic less (to not interact with other rigid bodies, go through them...) because sometimes they cause some weird physics glitches. I tried disabling rigid body script while object is being held but that breaks whole Grabbable/Grabber script.
Is there any know workaround?

Thanks in advance,
Andrija

Comments

• JacksonGordonJacksonGordon Posts: 138
    Art3mis
    You might try spawning a "copy" of the object in the hand, and destroying the original one that is picked up.  Since the grab depends on the collider, disabling that would be difficult.  Instead, you might be able to trigger a "collider-less" version of the object to be grabbed - and when you place it again, it would re-create the original object in the new location (with it's collider back).  Just a thought I haven't worked a whole lot with grabbing myself, yet.
  • JeffNikJeffNik Posts: 103
    Art3mis
    edited April 9
    Perhaps setting "isKinematic" to true and disabling the collision objects from your script would work?