Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

An APK with a higher version code has previously been uploaded (code: 11, channels: 1)

barry.greenbarry.green Posts: 4
NerveGear
I keep getting this error when I try to upload my FIRST build to the alpha channel. 

I even made a new app in developer.oculus.com with zero builds submitted, created a new keystore and rebuilt, resigned and resubmitted it and I keep getting that error.  Whether I use the CLI or the GUI (via developer.oculus.com), it uploads and during step 2 (validating) it fails with that error.

In my player settings under "Other Settings", I have Version* set to 0.1, and Bundle Version Code set to 1.

Full steps I took:

1. Create new keystore:
keytool -genkey -keystore ta.keystore -alias ta -keyalg RSA -validity 36500

2. Set this keystore in Unity under Player Settings -> Publishing Settings -> Check "Use Existing Keystore" -> Browse button -> selected ta.keystore.  Then under the "Key" section, clicked dropdown and selected "ta" alias and entered password.

3. Built app called abuild1.apk

4. Signed the apk via:
jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore C:\MyApp\ta.keystore C:\MyApp\bin\abuild1.apk ta

5. Uploaded using the CLI tool:
ovr-platform-util.exe upload-mobile-build --app_id XXXXXX --app_secret XXXXXXX --apk C:\MyApp\bin\abuild1.apk --channel Alpha --notes "First"
Then it uploads and during step 2 I get the following complete error:

An APK with a higher version code has previously been uploaded (code: 11, channels: 1). The version code must be monotonically increasing, and the provided code is too low (alpha). If you are trying to downgrade to a previous build, update the version code before proceeding to ensure functionality across Oculus devices.

All I want to do is upload my first build so I can test some features. :(

Best Answer

• barry.greenbarry.green Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Accepted Answer
    So it turns out that this terrible error message - that doesn't explain anything or help - was totally unrelated to anything you'd expect.  IT WAS THE OCULUS INTEGRATION PACKAGE VERSION (1.35)!

I had Oculus Integration 1.35 (the newest one from a week or so ago) and that has build issues related to AndroidManifest.xml (which I had resolved) and the builds - if you ever get it to build - get rejected by the oculus store.

The fix

I had to manually replace the Assets/Oculus folder with version 1.29 (which I luckily had found on an older computer of mine).

Tip: don't ever update your Oculus Integration. This package should be considered beta or something, because it's barely usable.

Answers

• MikeSwansonMikeSwanson Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    @barry.green I've also had issues that require us to use older versions of the SDK, but the one version I don't have captured is 1.29. Would you be willing to share the .assetpackage somewhere? I'd be extremely grateful.