Can anyone provide working Unity QUICKMATCH/Matchmaking code? — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Can anyone provide working Unity QUICKMATCH/Matchmaking code?

JeffNikJeffNik Posts: 103
Art3mis
edited April 23 in Unity Development
I spent all day and evening trying to get a QUICKMATCH matchmaking session working in my Unity environment, and I was hoping that someone has a basic Unity project that I can study to get it working. I think I have all the APP ID / Test User stuff setup. My visual studio environment is set to use the test user login, and I'm doing a build-to-executable to run the second instance of the app on the same computer, which is using my real Oculus account. I have setup my QUICKMATCH pool (2 users) on the Oculus dashboard, and in my code I use Enqueue2 to become available for matching. I get the OnMatchFound notification correctly, then use Join2 to join the room provided in the received message. Join2 succeeds, and eventually, I get a room update notice, and I see my 2 users in the "UsersOptional" array. At this point, I believe I'm supposed to call Oculus.Platform.Matchmaking.StartMatch with the room ID for my room. But it always errors out, saying "There is no active match associated with this room". I have checked the Room and Matchmaking Debugger tool on the Oculus site, and everything looks good. The room id I pass in is valid, and I see my two users in the room. Is it possible that I don't need to call StartMatch because the platform has already started the match behind the scenes, and I can just start passing data now?