Can't snap screenshots with latest version of Unity. Anyone else see this? — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Can't snap screenshots with latest version of Unity. Anyone else see this?

Thunderbox.EntThunderbox.Ent Posts: 54 Oculus Start Member
Hi.
I recently updated my Go project to the latest version of Unity.
For some reason I can no longer take screenshots using the Oculus Dash.
Or share them on Facebook  using the Oculus Platform integration.
Very odd...
Is anyone else seeing a similar issue?

Comments

• Schneider21Schneider21 Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    I've not been able to use the casting or screenshot feature with my "Unknown Source" builds. I'm on Unity 2018.3 with the 1.35 integration. I assumed this was something built into the OS to keep you from sharing side-loaded content in an effort to curtail copyright violations or something. But it sounds like this worked on builds made from older versions of Unity?

Or are you talking about a released app that has recently been updated using Unity 2019?
  • Thunderbox.EntThunderbox.Ent Posts: 54 Oculus Start Member
    The problem is with a released app. In order to get casting/sharing working, you need to set a permission for your app in the Oculus Dash, and also make sure your Graphics Memory is not protected. The first point would imply that side-loaded apps can't stream.
  • MikeSwansonMikeSwanson Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    The capture screenshot feature is also not working for our Unity app from the store. The logs seem to indicate that a screenshot is happening, because I actually see the file path and name. However, it never completes...we don't see the "capturing" dot or hear the sound effect, and no file results.
  • viteichrisviteichris Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Got the same problem here :(  "Sharing App Content" on the app page is set to "accept"
  • test_5b9f63c7b2800test_5b9f63c7b2800 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited July 12
    Sharing to Facebook is available when sharing screenshot in Oculus Home -> Sharing ->Sharing Photos.But I can not using this feature in my own Unity app even I have follow the documents.What's more, this feature is available On 17th, June but I can not share after even I do not any change to my app.