Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Age Old Question - How To Jump

Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,923 Valuable Player
OK, can't believe i can't find this online - i'm using 2018.3.  What script to i have to add to OVRPlayerController.cs to enable jumping with the A button, which i think has the ID 0?  Unfortunately i just  don't know how to program/script.

/// <summary>
/// Jump! Must be enabled manually.
/// </summary>
public bool Jump()
{
if (!Controller.isGrounded)
return false;

MoveThrottle += new Vector3(0, transform.lossyScale.y * JumpForce, 0);

return true;

Many thanks.

Comments

• Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,923 Valuable Player
     :( 
  • StefferpStefferp Posts: 9 Oculus Start Member
    edited May 2019
    Just put this somewhere in the Update method of OVRPlayerController
    if (OVRInput.GetDown(OVRInput.Button.One))
       Jump();
    Wonderful!  Now, I don't want to push my luck but the player now just drops from the jump - i've poked around Gravity in the OVRPlayerController script but can't find what to alter to make it a more curved return to the ground.
  • StefferpStefferp Posts: 9 Oculus Start Member
    Adjust the Gravity Modifier in the OVRPlayerController in the inspector (so not the script itself)
    I have mine set to 0.25, but depending on how floaty you want your jump to be you can set it even lower
  • James4793James4793 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Now, I don't want to push my luck but the player now just drops from the jump - i've poked around Gravity in the OVRPlayerController script but can't find what to alter to make it a more curved return to the ground.krogerfeedback
    James4793 said:
    Now, I don't want to push my luck but the player now just drops from the jump - i've poked around Gravity in the OVRPlayerController script but can't find what to alter to make it a more curved return to the ground.krogerfeedback

Is this spam?
  • K3V1NBACONK3V1NBACON Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Can i just say yall on here are amazing. It took me 2 seconds to find my answer. I just wanted to give a shout out!
  • ayeshuzone489ayeshuzone489 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Just put this somewhere in the Update method of OVRPlayerController
  • herin12herin12 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    In the Kroger Feedback Fuel Points Survey Program, you will have to share your experience with Kroger. The Kroger Feedback Customer Satisfaction Survey is easy to fill out and it checks your satisfaction level with the most recent visit.
  • rh_galaxyrh_galaxy Posts: 121 Oculus Start Member
    Is the OVRPlayerController really worth it? I mean why don't you do your game mechanics separate from any platform dependent stuff, and then just move the camera with your character (OVRCameraRig prefab for Oculus)? Doing it with OVRPlayerController means you will have to reproduce that functionality when you decide to do a SteamVR version for example... or am I wrong here?