Unity OVR Overlay incorrectly changes Y position — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Unity OVR Overlay incorrectly changes Y position

tlambeirtlambeir Posts: 2
NerveGear
edited May 13 in Unity Development
I have a problem with using the OVR overlay on a quad. In my scene I have 2 quads with exactly the same  size and position, positioned in the world space. One of the quads has the OVR Overlay script attached to it. They're both using the Unlit/Transparent Cutout shader. When I run this in the unity editor the position of the quads is correct. But when I run it on the oculus go the quad with the ovr overlay drops down 50% on the Y axis (see image). Is this a bug or is some additional set up required?

Comments

• yesbirdyesbird Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    edited June 15
    Hi,
    Did you find a solution ?

I have the same experience - can not position mesh collider right way on the overlaid quad, Y-shifting occurs.

When I render it as standard mesh - everything in place. When put object as child of CenterEyeAnchor and render as overlay - works fine too. Problem appears only in World space with overlay rendering.

Unity 2018.4.1f1 / Oculus Integration 1.37.

Could anyone help, please !

• yesbirdyesbird Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    I am not sure that this is your case, but I solved the problem by replacing OVRCameraRig in PlayerController by prefab from VR/Prefabs. Original PlayerController was from \SampleFramework\Usage\Locomotion.unity.

Reason still mystery to me.