Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Need help with the OVR tool

The app I made for Oculus Go was too big so I tried the OVR tool (is that only for Rift though?) Here's what I have in my BAT
ovr-platform-util clone-rift-build -a xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -s xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -d "C:\Users\animator\Desktop\ZetaVR" -l "ZetaVR-Android-Shipping-armv7-es2.apk" -v 1.0 -c Alpha

When I run it I get "Either build_id or source_channel must be specified"
Tagged:

Comments

• NinjaGGNinjaGG Posts: 239 Oculus Staff
    edited May 2019
    If you're trying to upload an Oculus Go build, the proper command would be (filled in with examples, replace with your App ID/etc.):
    ovr-platform-util upload-mobile-build --app_id 10001234 --app_secret 1234abcd --apk xx.apk -c Alpha 
    -v 1.1 -n "NOTE: This will upload your xx.apk into the "Alpha" release channel, with App ID 10001234, 
    Secret 1234abcd, and version number 1.1"
    You can refer to the guide here: https://developer.oculus.com/distribute/latest/concepts/publish-reference-platform-command-line-utility/

Additionally, the maximum file size an APK can be is 1GB, the following guide has more information to keep in mind: https://developer.oculus.com/distribute/latest/concepts/publish-uploading-mobile/

If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
    2. Please submit a ticket here (include what you've gathered in step 1).
    3. Tag me @NinjaGaijin once you have done so!
  • fivestonestudiosfivestonestudios Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    thank you, got it uploaded.
    NerveGear
    @NinjaGaijin I'm not sure if I should start a support ticket for this of if it's ok to continue discussion here... Once I got it uploaded, my dashboard didn't seem to register that. It's still saying the build isn't uploaded but I think it's because I did it from the tool. It even seems to have past the tests. How do I tell the dashboard it was uploaded with the OVR tool? Sorry, this is my first submission. 
  • MikeFMikeF Posts: 867
    3Jane
    it's uploaded, you just need to move it to the store channel
    NerveGear
    Got it submitted. Thanks so much @MikeF