Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

OVRInput.GetDown doesn't work at all on Unity 2019.1.1 (Oculus Go)

RafaelBarbosaRafaelBarbosa Posts: 4 Oculus Start Member
Hey, I've run into an issue with unity integration. I'm using unity 2019.1.1 and OVRInput.GetDown doesn't work as in it always returns false. In the meantime, OVRInput.Get works as expected. Before I do any custom implementation of GetDown as a workaround, I'd like to know if it is going to be fixed or if I'm doing something wrong. I know that there are other people asking about this issue but I never seem to find an answer, most of the threads are usually answerless...

as a reference, this is what my code looks like (yes there is an OVRMananger on the scene, as I said, everything works fine using Get while GetDown doesn't seem to work.

public bool InventoryBttn;
public bool InventoryBttnDown;
public bool InventoryBttnUp;

void Update(){
        InventoryBttn = OVRInput.Get(OVRInput.Button.Back);
        InventoryBttnDown = OVRInput.GetDown(OVRInput.Button.Back);
        InventoryBttnUp = OVRInput.GetUp(OVRInput.Button.Back);
}

Comments

• eoventoeovento Posts: 9
    Brain Burst
    Good evening!
    Have you by any chance found out anything related to this?
    I'm also facing the same problem. "Get" works perfectly. GetDown and GetUp don't seem to work at all.
    Unity 2019.1.14
  • KageRyuMABKageRyuMAB Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited July 6
    Facing same issue on Oculus quest. Though GetUp seems to be working, so I was able to make my use case work with Get and GetUp instead of GetDown and GetUp
  • thespaniardthespaniard Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Any fix for this? Get works fine, but GetDown only works occasionally?