Store warning about x86 libraries for Go — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Store warning about x86 libraries for Go

virzoomvirzoom Posts: 10
NerveGear
In the Validation Test Results for our Go app, we've seen the following for the past month:

"This app includes x86 libraries. These are unnecessary and take up space. The following x86 libraries should be removed: libunity.so, libmono.so, libmain.so. In the future, this will cause the app to be rejected."

Does anyone know how to exclude these from Unity build for Go?  We're on 2017.4.11

Comments

• ImpersiveVRImpersiveVR Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hello,
    I've been seeing this error on one of our apps, too. Obviously we can't remove libunity.so from our builds, and now the app is seen as "not compatible" from our Oculus Go headsets. This makes no sense – is there a way to get more info on why this happens from Oculus? There's way too few information here to work on.

• CTNRSMCTNRSM Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Reporting the same here, we got the same message as we started updating our Oculus Go apps. Not sure what the issue is. If there's a setting that can be changed in the build settings or something, that would help a lot.
  • barry.greenbarry.green Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    I am also getting this message after uploading an alpha build

Mine says:

This app includes x86 libraries. These are unnecessary and take up space. The following x86 libraries should be removed: libunity.so, libmain.so, libil2cpp.so. In the future, this will cause the app to be rejected.

Although mine doesn't necessarily say "not compatible" exactly, but the warning does appear under the "Additional Validation Test Results" > "Compatibility Tests" section of the test results page.  Still, I cannot download the alpha builds to my Oculus Go so I'm assuming this is the reason. :(

• Jake_B_RJake_B_R Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm in Unity 2018.3 but I think I've seen this issue before. There is a check box in Unity under playersettings > android > other settings > "Target Architectures" > x86
    Un-checking it removed the warning I was seeing when I uploaded to an oculus release channel.
  • barry.greenbarry.green Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Jake_B_R said:
    I'm in Unity 2018.3 but I think I've seen this issue before. There is a check box in Unity under playersettings > android > other settings > "Target Architectures" > x86
    Un-checking it removed the warning I was seeing when I uploaded to an oculus release channel.
    Yep, looks like that did it!  Thanks!
  • virzoomvirzoom Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    edited June 5
    Great to know.  Unity 2017.4.11f1 doesn't seem to have that option, and our app has a bunch of old ParticleSystems keeping us from moving to 2018.3+.  2017.4.11f1 is still listed as the minimum supported version of Unity for Oculus development but I guess not for long!  Anyone know if 2017.4 LTS has that x86 checkbox?
  • CTNRSMCTNRSM Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Jake_B_R said:
    Just confirming that this is what fixed the issue for us as well. Thank you very much!