[Feature Request] Edit in Play Mode for Oculus Quest in Unity — Oculus
IMPORTANT:

All Oculus Quest developers MUST PASS the concept review prior to gaining publishing access to the Quest Store and additional resources. Submit a concept document for review as early in your Quest application development cycle as possible: https://developer.oculus.com/quest-pitch/

For additional information and context, please see "Submitting Your App to the Oculus Quest Store".
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

[Feature Request] Edit in Play Mode for Oculus Quest in Unity

I've been building an application for Go until recently, but after trying the Quest am seriously considering changing my platform because of the 6DoF. My Go development process so far has been like this: I use a Rift hooked up to my PC to do most of my Unity development (because of the perk of editing in play mode), then build to the Quest and make sure my build is bug-free before pushing it to my main branch. What I'm wondering is if we'll ever be able to use the Quest hooked directly up to Unity instead of needing to use the Rift for that purpose. Do other people want this feature?

Comments

• KemagezienKemagezien Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    +1
  • ajippolitoajippolito Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I've been developing on the Vive, and now that I'm developing for a quest, the idea that I have to "build and run" every time I want to test it is a deal-breaker for my process.  I tested with an environment set up with nothing but a cube.  It took over 10 minutes to get it on there.  

Can we get access through wifi?  Or the USB cord?  Please?
  • Alexillos83Alexillos83 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    +1 Same issue here
  • oli-vroli-vr Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    +1 here, please please please make this possible, it is insane I have to build every time just to test!!!!!
  • DomBomDomDomBomDom Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    + 1
  • huangjunhuangjun Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    +1
  • Rechi86Rechi86 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    +1
  • InnerScriptInnerScript Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    +1 for my vote
  • hawkenhawken Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    +1 GVR Mirage Solo had this feature and it was much faster to iterate builds for