cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity doesn't find Quest for play & build (go-adb driver is installed).

AlexiJohansen
Honored Guest
I'm trying to load an apk onto the quest.

I've tried doing it straight from Unity with play & build but Unity can't find the device.

I've tried via adb.exe push myApp.apk /data/app. and this doesn't find the quest either.

The quest is in developer mode.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

JuanCarlosCR
Explorer
Same Unity issue here.

JuanCarlosCR
Explorer
Ok nevermind. 10 minutes with the Quest conected via usb C and suddenly windows recognized it.

bcoyle
Adventurer
What I find is that I forget that a window pops up in the headset asking for permissions -- I think you can tick a box to have it always connect so it stops asking in the headset. For side loading/deleting I've found this app useful, https://headjack.io/tutorial/sideload-install-app-apk-oculus-go-quest/#tool. Maybe others could suggest a better tool?

JuanCarlosCR
Explorer

bcoyle said:

What I find is that I forget that a window pops up in the headset asking for permissions -- I think you can tick a box to have it always connect so it stops asking in the headset. For side loading/deleting I've found this app useful, https://headjack.io/tutorial/sideload-install-app-apk-oculus-go-quest/#tool. Maybe others could suggest a better tool?

Why didn´t you just use Unity for the Build?

bcoyle
Adventurer
Of course I'll do it that way if I'm working in Unity and have the headset on hand to push the build into. But others have been commenting on side loading apks and also for me I have another headset at home that I'll send builds to my home computer to sideload into that headset.

AlexiJohansen
Honored Guest
Turns out the developer mode was not on. I swear I turned that on, oh well.
All good now.

mattbenic
Protege
I've also found that the quest will randomly disconnect after a while, it will no longer be in adb's device list. It's not sleeping or anything, this can be right after actual use. In that case, disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable may fix it but more often than not the device itself needs to be restarted by holding down the power button and selecting "Restart" from the dialog that pops up.

R1PFake
Protege
This might be offtopic, but adb has a wirless mode. Did anyone manage to setup Unity/Quest to use the wirless mode for build&run?