cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE4 / Quest / Vulkan - Proper Render/Project Settings?

RapidTD
Honored Guest
Tried creating a simple test project with both the Oculus UE4 branch and Epic's latest 4.22 branch and if I enable Vulkan (ES2 and ES3.1 work fine ) I always get a crash on application launch. Tried all the settings I could find across the various Oculus and Epic documentation. Does anyone have this working currently that could share their basic project settings? Is it just broke in 4.22?

Thanks
34 REPLIES 34

imaekgames
Honored Guest
I too had to disable Vulkan to get my project to NOT crash, I feel your pain, I want that Vulkan performance boost.

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
Same question here:
On https://developer.oculus.com/blog/down-the-rabbit-hole-w-oculus-quest-the-hardware-software/ it states the Quest supports Vulkan. UE 4.22 also supports Vulkan. So why does even the most simple app deployed on the Quest that uses Vulkan crash at launch?

Edit: according to this post, you need to disable multi-view and FFR for Vulkan to work. Will test asap but wouldn't fps drop a lot by doing so?

Edit2: No luck. at least I see my splash screen at loading. Immediate crash afterwards.

Edit3: apparently it still needs a future Oculus Quest runtime update for Vulkan to work.

C4RL05
Honored Guest
Same issue here: Blank project app crashes on launch when Vulkan is enabled.
But it runs after disabling MultiView (FFR was already off). Also switched on arm64.

Dizzzie
Explorer
Did you guys ever figure this out?

motorsep
Rising Star
No and there has been no OS updates to support FFR/multi-view with Vulkan on Go/Quest, yet.
Now there is Vulkan support (even on Go, although partial)

Corysia
Expert Protege
Has anyone tried this with the Oculus version of Unreal?

weirdmonkey2807
Protege
Working now, however you still cannot use chromatic aberration correction as it results in a crash. 

Dizzzie
Explorer
Just tried it out on 4.22.3, definitely seeing a performance increase on my Quest project.