Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Oculus Unreal Integration - v1.38 (06/21/19)

NinjaGGNinjaGG Posts: 230 Oculus Staff
edited July 29 in Unreal Development

Version 1.38 of our integration for Unreal Engine 4.22 has been released!

For more information, see our Unreal Engine Developer Guide.

Note: You must log into a subscribed GitHub account first, otherwise you will get a 404 error from the link below.

You can grab the latest version of the Oculus UE4 Source here: 
More information about this release can be found here.

New Features

Integration Changes

• Updated the Oculus Unreal Integration to 1.38.

API Changes

• Renamed the TiledMultiRes setting to FixedFoveatedRendering.

Bug Fixes

• Miscellaneous bug fixes and performance improvements.

Known Issues

• A significant drop in frame rate occurs when UE4 is not in focus in VR preview mode. To avoid this issue, uncheck the Use Less CPU when in Background in Edit > Editor Preferences > General (left sidebar) > Miscellaneous (left sidebar) > Performance.
  • Exclusive Mode issues: Setting the mirror window to full-screen exclusive mode will not work correctly if the monitor and HMD are connected to different GPUs.
The thread for the previous version (v1.37) can be found here: https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/75864/oculus-unreal-integration-v1-37-05-21-19
If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
2. Please submit a ticket here (include what you've gathered in step 1).
3. Tag me @NinjaGaijin once you have done so!

Comments

• motorsepmotorsep Posts: 1,437 Oculus Start Member
    @NinjaGaijin

Any ETA for 4.22.3 with 1.38 Integration to appear on Oculus github ?

Also wondering if Audio SDK 1.38.0 and Platform SDK 1.36.0 will make it into 4.22.3 Integration release.

Thanks
    I wonder what does this mean ? (got it from the dev blog)
    • Added support for Equirect compositor layers
    Also, still wondering about ETA for 4.22.3 with 1.38 Integration to appear on Oculus github and about Audio SDK / Platform SDK updates for UE4.

@NinjaGaijin ^^
  • Pinworm45Pinworm45 Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    edited July 3
    I'm having some issues with this update. If I add the plugin to the specific project, it works, but if I put it in the unreal plugins area to use with any project, it won't work - I get a request to recompile from source.

Not the end of the world I guess. What's a bigger issue is that when a project is closed and opened again, the sequence will not work. They all need to be remade, the visemes/morphs outputs nothing until they're rebuilt.

Any ideas?

Edit: Here's sample video. I use my own function for the sequence but it happens even in example project with no edits.

https://streamable.com/vu5b1

Edit2: @NinjaGaijin

This problem also happens in packaged games, IE packaged games will not work (it fails to compile).

There's a few areas with logs so I will collect some logs and update those here - I will do that tonight as I have a busy day.
    @NinjaGaijin By chance, any news on 4.22.3 + Integrations ?
  • reinaldo.vieirareinaldo.vieira Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited July 22
    Also wondering on this integration since ue4 4.22.3 fixed oculus memory leaks but is still on oculus sdk 1.37...