Quest doesn't appear in Unity's "Run Device" list anymore — Oculus
IMPORTANT:

All Oculus Quest developers MUST PASS the concept review prior to gaining publishing access to the Quest Store and additional resources. Submit a concept document for review as early in your Quest application development cycle as possible: https://developer.oculus.com/quest-pitch/

For additional information and context, please see "Submitting Your App to the Oculus Quest Store".
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Quest doesn't appear in Unity's "Run Device" list anymore

jphilippjphilipp Posts: 26
Brain Burst
Hi! I was able to select Quest just fine in Unity's Build Settings - Android - "Run Device" selection while being USB-connected (I have Developer Mode enabled on Quest etc.). Now however, Quest won't show up anymore in that list, even after restarting the PC, the Headset, as well as clicking Refresh on the list or changing to a different USB socket. (The USB connection itself works, as I can see the battery status change when plugging in.) What can I do? Thanks!
- Anyland dev -
Tagged:

Comments

• Geist2501Geist2501 Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    The battery status only means it gets power, not that data is being transmitted - just saying.

Does it appear as Quest in your explorer? You could try reinstalling the Drivers i guess.
    Are you sure you have given permission to your pc to establish a debug connection?
  • JattierJattier Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    As long as you can still deploy to the default device, it shouldn't matter that the exact device ID doesn't show up in the dropdown.
  • wearablecomputerlabwearablecomputerlab Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    first check if adb can see it using "adb devices" command. if you don't have adb you will need to download it, it's small and standalone. if this can see it then it's a problem with unity, if it can't then there is a problem with the connection. I have noticed that PC-USB ports don't charge the quest up enough so try plugging it into the wall for half an hour.