upgrading project for quest — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

upgrading project for quest

wearablecomputerlabwearablecomputerlab Posts: 4
NerveGear
edited July 9 in Unity Development
I am trying to upgrade a project that was made for the samsung gear ages ago for the quest using unity, just transferring the pre-built APK worked fine (just running it obviously the controls didn't work). however when I am trying to re-build from unity to the quest I am running into all sorts of issues, firstly the project was created on unity 2017.1.1 and when using the JDK 12 I got compatability issues with target and source 1.6 so I changed JDK to 8 which worked however the build would freeze unity after copying to the quest and then trying to run it would have the app constantly load. Next thing I tried was upgrade the whole project to unity 2019.1.0b1. this required me to change a lot of scripts that were using UnityEngine.VR to instead use UnityEngine.XR which should be just a simple path change no logic change required, this time when I build and run it builds successfully and unity doesn't freeze however the app doesn't run or connect to the debugging tools. Is there something I'm missing?

PS: I have made sure to have the latest version of oculus integration for unity and it is using OVRmanager.
PSS: I have created a test app from scratch that works fine so there must be something specific to this project which is the issue.