Battery Life and Enter VR Screen — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Battery Life and Enter VR Screen

MetaverumMetaverum Posts: 3
NerveGear

Unfortunately I have 2 major issues with the Oculus GO, that I could use some help with.

Issue #1: Battery life is very short, my machines will run about 12 hours a day, yet the Oculus GO battery lasts about 2-3 hours. Is there a way to easily take out the battery inside and replace it with a full one every 2-3 hours? Otherwise, I believe I have to resort to external battery pack solutions, that I found, that can be mounted to the side of the headset and constantly be charging it. Is that a viable solution, and if not, what solutions do you provide for this?

Issue #2: Enter VR screen. I don't have any use for controllers. I don't want my users to have to click anything to pass this screen. I want my application to be running immediately after the user wakes up the headset by putting it on.

I hope you can help, as I like this headset quite a lot other than these 2 issues and would like to keep working with it.