What's the best way to achieve antialiasing in VR (Oculus Rift S and Quest) — Oculus
IMPORTANT:

All Oculus Quest developers MUST PASS the concept review prior to gaining publishing access to the Quest Store and additional resources. Submit a concept document for review as early in your Quest application development cycle as possible: https://developer.oculus.com/quest-pitch/

For additional information and context, please see "Submitting Your App to the Oculus Quest Store".
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

What's the best way to achieve antialiasing in VR (Oculus Rift S and Quest)

bmoodyP3bmoodyP3 Posts: 14
NerveGear
Hi All,

I'm currently building a VR application for the Quest and Rift S in Unity V. 2018.3.6f1 and Oculus Integration version 1.39.

However, I am having a hard time getting rid of jagged edges in my scene, especially with UI elements.

I have already tried:

1. Increasing the antialiasing settings in Project Settings / Quality / Rendering / Antialiasing. Antialiasing is currently set to 8X multi-sampling.
2. Adding an antialiasing effect via Unity's postprocessing stack.
3. In the UI's canvas scaler, setting the Dynamic Pixels Per Unit to a high number.

Do you have any other advice for achieving antialiasing in VR?

My understanding is that the Unity Light Weight Render Pipeline can be good for rendering mobile VR games, such as for the Quest. Would switching to the LWRP at this point help solve this antialiasing issue? (I don't think they are connected but I figure it is worth asking.)