IMPORTANT:

All Oculus Quest developers MUST PASS the concept review prior to gaining publishing access to the Quest Store and additional resources. Submit a concept document for review as early in your Quest application development cycle as possible: https://developer.oculus.com/quest-pitch/

For additional information and context, please see "Submitting Your App to the Oculus Quest Store".
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Can't record? Only one hand works? Rebuild your Manifest

chiltonchilton Posts: 11
NerveGear
edited July 27 in Oculus Quest Development
If you're having problems since the last update, it's probably the manifest. 
In Unity, go to the Oculus menu, then Tools, then Remove Android Manifest.xml
And then, also in the Tools menu, Create Store-Compatible AndroidManifest.xml

That has fixed those issues for me, and apparently fixes a few other things as well. 

Good Hunting,
-Chilton

Comments

• JimtyJimty Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Thanks so much for this. Saved me a lot of trouble!
  • AlexLeggAlexLegg Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    That fix, solved the controller issue, but I still can't record.

Did it actually fix the record issues for you?
  • Cain_BloodbaneCain_Bloodbane Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    Does not really seem to fix controller issues... I have seen this posted as a solution several places, but I also keep seeing replies about how it did not work for some people, but also some people that it did work for.

For me, I cannot use both controllers at the same time. So every time you get to control one hand, the other wont move. Very annoying.

Here are some solutions:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43293173/use-custom-manifest-file-and-permission-in-unity

That is the method... but what you want to add to the manifest file is this line:
    <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.vr.headtracking" android:required="true" android:version="1"/>

With this added, it should work. Otherwise... I suspect it considers it an Oculus Go app or something.
    Another interesting read:
    <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.vr.headtracking" android:required="true" android:version="1"/>
  • Cain_BloodbaneCain_Bloodbane Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    Actually I like this solution best. Saves you from having to build your project.

https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/quest/latest/concepts/mobile-native-manifest/

Find the AndroidManifest.xml file in the Plugins/Android folder. Then update the last 2 lines with this:

[code=CSharp]    </application>
      <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.vr.headtracking" android:required="true" android:version="1" />
      <uses-feature android:glEsVersion="0x00030001" />
    </manifest>[/code]

That is insert the two lines:

<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.vr.headtracking" android:required="true" android:version="1" />
      <uses-feature android:glEsVersion="0x00030001" />

between the application and manifest lines. Then you do not need the full manifest generated, which will properly work better in the long run.
  • svandegriftsvandegrift Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    @Cain_Bloodbane
    You just saved my project. Thank you so much for posting this I thought I would never get this fixed
  • vicenteraposovicenteraposo Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited October 30
    AlexLegg said:
    That fix, solved the controller issue, but I still can't record.

Did it actually fix the record issues for you?

I'm having the same issue, did you find a solution?