Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Simple experiments with gamepad controls and VR

13»

Comments

• mrgreen72mrgreen72 Posts: 683
    Art3mis
    Working on it! :)
  • HeadTripHeadTrip Posts: 164
    Hiro Protagonist
    thank you!!
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    The Oculus Unity Utilities package includes a gamepad script that works on PC.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hi,
    Any updates on this? just curious, looking forward to experimenting with the different modes...
    Thanks!
  • wheatgrinderwheatgrinder Posts: 116 Oculus Start Member
    The Oculus Unity Utilities package includes a gamepad script that works on PC.

I use this and it works for me.

Im curious if Oculus is suggesting this is the most basic yet functional scheme? It does seem to meet all my needs easy enough.

Cyberreality, Can you comment on any AAA games in development that will use this default OVR scheme for the CV1 xbox one controller release?
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    I don't know specifically of what scripts any AAA developers are using (and I'm not sure I could talk about it if I did) but I don't see any problem with using the Utilities package in a completed game. That's what it's there for.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • mrgreen72mrgreen72 Posts: 683
    Art3mis
    HeadTrip wrote:
    Hi,
    Any updates on this? just curious, looking forward to experimenting with the different modes...
    Thanks!

Like Cyber said, the Oculus Utilities first person controller prefab works well enough and already has a "comfort mode" (god I hate stupid buzzwords) implemented using the gamepad's bumpers if that's what you're primarily looking for.

I'm [probably] still working on a more feature complete first person package which properly uses the latest Oculus Utilities but I can't promise you anything very soon. I'm going back and forth prototyping between Unity and UE4 these days (I'm still debating which one I'll use for my own game) and I'm only doing this in my spare time as I'm developing more mundane stuff for a living. :)
    Hiro Protagonist
    No worries at all, it was just for testing. I loved the demo of the differnet modes, excellent for really testing what certain people like. Ive been using the oculus controller and modified ufps with good results. Have you been able to get good results using a rigid body controller and comfort mode? Thats a tough one...i notice the oculus controller is non rigidbody.
    Thanks