IMPORTANT:

All Oculus Quest developers MUST PASS the concept review prior to gaining publishing access to the Quest Store and additional resources. Submit a concept document for review as early in your Quest application development cycle as possible: https://developer.oculus.com/quest-pitch/

For additional information and context, please see "Submitting Your App to the Oculus Quest Store".
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Cannot download videos recorded within the Quest

Hello,

I'm part of a team currently developing an experience for the Quest. We are nearing the end of our development and focusing on QA and bug fixes. I am trying to save videos captured within the Quest in order to show the team issues I am encountering, however I can't seem to get the videos to work. Screenshots work fine and I am grabbing videos saved to Quest > Internal Storage > Oculus > VideoShots

The videos can be viewed fine inside the Oculus Gallery, but when I transfer the videos to my PC and try to play them in VLC or Windows Media Player it's as if the players have no information, they dont even try and play. The videos all have various file sizes that make sense based on how long I recorded for, but they can't be viewed outside of the Oculus Gallery.

Any ideas? Thank you. 

Answers

• jopan1026jopan1026 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Try downloading SideQuest if you don't already have it and use the File Explorer on there to get the video.