Which levels of __android_log_print go to logcat? — Oculus
IMPORTANT:

All Oculus Quest developers MUST PASS the concept review prior to gaining publishing access to the Quest Store and additional resources. Submit a concept document for review as early in your Quest application development cycle as possible: https://developer.oculus.com/quest-pitch/

For additional information and context, please see "Submitting Your App to the Oculus Quest Store".
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Which levels of __android_log_print go to logcat?

mccmcc Posts: 33
Brain Burst
I am developing an app in C using the native Oculus Mobile SDK, version 1.23.0. I can print things out with:

__android_log_print(ANDROID_LOG_DEBUG, ""MESSAGE1");
or:
__android_log_print(ANDROID_LOG_WARN, "MESSAGE2");

or any of the standard Android log levels here.

I am finding it inconsistent whether ANDROID_LOG_DEBUG gets into the output of "adb logcat". On at least some of my configurations, it does not. ANDROID_LOG_WARN seems to always go into "adb logcat".

Can you clarify:

- Which log levels appear in "adb logcat" and which do not?
- Is this different for debug vs release builds?
- Is this different for Go vs Quest?
- Is this different depending on whether we have set the AndroidManifest.xml values for a store build, as described here?

Rather than testing different configurations it would be handy to know what is "supposed" to happen, so I can tell if something is wrong. There is a page in the Oculus documentation for logcat but it does not address this.