Strange Jello Effect with Low Framerate — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Strange Jello Effect with Low Framerate

Hi

In our app we have a strange Jello effect on parts of the screen that has fast movement and is close to the camera. It almost looks like a distorted poly or something like this.

This is most pronounced when we hit low frame rates. Is it some kind of timewarp thing that kicks in when framerates are too low?

I am not sure if it is Unity related or if I can turn it of in the Oculus settings. At least I did not find any setting for this yet

Thanks

Comments

• MikeFMikeF Posts: 676
    Neo
    yes, you're in timewarp due to low framerate. The only solution is to improve your performance
  • blanxdevblanxdev Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Is there a way to have a different warp mode? This looks really ugly as it distorts straight lines.
  • MikeFMikeF Posts: 676
    Neo
    No, the point is you shouldnt be hitting this low of a framerate in the first place. Its a feature designed to compensate for dropped frames so that your users dont get sick, but it can only do so much. If its as bad as you're describing youre likely dropping a ton of frames so best bet is to get those numbers up