Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

How can I make my gameobject appear when I press the UI button on the canvas/menu

Hi forum. I'm fairly new to Unity and coding/scripting. I have a CAD-model in Unity and I can walk through it with my Oculus Rift VR gear. I have created a menu with two UI buttons as a start. The "Quit" button turns red when I hover over it, and when I click it the menu disappears and the gazepointer too.(which is what I planned) 
The problem is, that when I press the other button a gameobject should appear in front of the player, but nothing happens? The buttons turns green as it should when I hover it and click it, but nothing happens? I tried dragging the gameobject to the buttons OnClick event, and set it as Set.Active etc. Nothing has been working so far. 

Can anybody help me with this? :) It should be pretty straight forward but I cant get it to work. I tried a few scripts to make the gameobject appear 1 foot from the player in front the player, but this didnt work