IMPORTANT:

All Oculus Quest developers MUST PASS the concept review prior to gaining publishing access to the Quest Store and additional resources. Submit a concept document for review as early in your Quest application development cycle as possible: https://developer.oculus.com/quest-pitch/

For additional information and context, please see "Submitting Your App to the Oculus Quest Store".
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Making an Oculus App for educational / medical content: how can connect to Arduino?,Bluetooth?,USB?

Hi developers.

I currently have to create a unity app (easy part) that is like a drumming game, when you hit a musical instrument, percussion, chords, pianos, etc, i need to send a haptic feedback to a device, cant specify details due to nda.

But basically the device is an arduino with Wifi/Bluetooth/USB, i need to send values from 0-100 to the arduino so it does things.
I was thinking:
1) Bluetooth would be awesome, emulating a serial port via bluetooth in the quest
2) Wifi, just sending wifi signals, some UDP packages, 1 or 0's
3) Directly connect the Oculus Quest USB to the Arduino USB(still preffer the wireless method though).
4) the worst one, having an android app that works as a hotspot and Ping OSC messages, which would work too,
https://www.arduinolibraries.info/libraries/osc

OSC works everywhere, but a simple wireless solution would be better.

Extra question, you can use the camera that oculus uses for tracking, but... can i plug an external camera to the USB directly? so i could try to map some objects in the room, like adding a small very small usb camera and accessing it...

having another pc or android phone running a server to send signals is tiresome, this is a demo for a company.
I havent had time to test everything but i would take in consideration what you guys tell me first.

normally any android would let you pair with an arduino or wifi direct to it.