cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Audio reverb and spatialization do not play in packaged game

arne_nykanen
Honored Guest
I am using Unreal Engine 4.23 with the integrated audiomixer and the Oculus Audio plugin. Reverb and spatialization work properly when the game is previewed in the editor, but in packaged projects (Windows) all sounds are played without reverb and spatialization. What am I missing?
2 REPLIES 2

arne_nykanen
Honored Guest
Seems like I have sorted this out now. If I create a shortcut to the exe file of the packaged game and add the suffix -audiomixer (in the same way as the audiomixer is activated for the UE editor), the sounds in the game work properly. I don't know if there is another way of activating the audiomixer for packaged games.

motorsep
Rising Star

Seems like I have sorted this out now. If I create a shortcut to the exe file of the packaged game and add the suffix -audiomixer (in the same way as the audiomixer is activated for the UE editor), the sounds in the game work properly. I don't know if there is another way of activating the audiomixer for packaged games.

Have you tried doing it via ini files https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/audio/116874-new-audio-engine-early-access-qu... ?