IMPORTANT:

All Oculus Quest developers MUST PASS the concept review prior to gaining publishing access to the Quest Store and additional resources. Submit a concept document for review as early in your Quest application development cycle as possible: https://developer.oculus.com/quest-pitch/

For additional information and context, please see "Submitting Your App to the Oculus Quest Store".
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

oculus quest , throwing of objects

sometimes while throwing an object using quest , the object randomly just flies away or goes in wrong direction, ive used ovrplayercontrller , a local avatar , grabbable and grabber scripts (im new to oculus )

Comments

• Caprice00Caprice00 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Caprice00 said:
    sometimes while throwing an object using quest , the object randomly just flies away or goes in wrong direction, ive used ovrplayercontrller , a local avatar , grabbable and grabber scripts (im new to oculus )
    any help is appreciated , thank you all

• CorysiaCorysia Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    I'm assuming you're using Unity from the scripts you mention.

Did you parent the grabbed object to your hands?  I had some odd behavior until i did that.  I seem to remember it behaved much better.
  • Caprice00Caprice00 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Corysia said:
    I'm assuming you're using Unity from the scripts you mention.

Did you parent the grabbed object to your hands?  I had some odd behavior until i did that.  I seem to remember it behaved much better.
    thank you for replying , i solved the issue , it was a traking space problem , thanks again