cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add a new user to a release channel

mattbenic
Protege
I'm trying to invite a new user to one of our release channels (for mobile/go), which we've done many times before. I've added the recipient's email, they received the invite clicked on the link to accept the invite, but are getting an error message ("Oops! Something went wrong. Please make sure that your URL is correct."). I've tried with two different apps, and it's happening on both. I tried two different browsers as well. They're logged into their oculus account before clicking the link.

Is anyone else seeing this at the moment?
10 REPLIES 10

animandi
Honored Guest
Hi, yes i have the same issue

Steve-TransfrVR
Explorer
We also have this issue.

TSDeveloper
Explorer
We are experiencing the same issue on our end as well. We've tested this across many different accounts and have not been able to accept invites. Oculus, is this something you are working to fix on your end?

robstemm
Honored Guest
I'm also seeing this issue. This seems like something isn't working correctly with the Oculus release channel system.

ruud3DV
Protege
Yes, same problem here

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, we're aware of the issue and the fix is currently being deployed.  We expect it to finish deployment in the next 1-2 hours.

Edit: deployment is taking a bit longer than expected.  I will post an additional reply once it goes through.

Anonymous
Not applicable
According to our logs, the change finished deploying at 6:39 PM.  Invite verification error logs have dropped to zero and our manual testing has been successful.  Existing (and newly generated) invite links should resume working.

If you have any ideas for how we can improve release channels, feel free to comment or PM me.

mattbenic
Protege
@ruibalp-oculus just a delayed thanks for sorting this out. 

Out of interest, is there a site or twitter feed or something we can follow for service status?

stephenscholz
Honored Guest
We are experiencing this same thing now.