Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

bedridden users need to change "floor" z axis to tilt where their eyes point.

chadblairechadblaire Posts: 1
NerveGear
Laying on a bed, most VR games and movies are useless. Games may be an issue but movies should allow you to click a button and center your x,y, AND Z axis. This would make the floor tilt upward, but no games or movies allow this floor tilt.

Comments

• dwainehdwaineh Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    yes please address this
    NerveGear
    I am surprised there have been no lawsuits yet, ada might come into play
  • MikeFMikeF Posts: 744
    Neo
    There are technical reasons why this doesnt work so its not exactly a simple fix
    NerveGear
    sorry but i dont see why, we can reset the center of view, but currently it only adjusts the x and y to zero, it knows the z just allow me to reset it as well. 
  • MikeFMikeF Posts: 744
    Neo
    Do you understand how inside out tracking works? that might help you understand why
    NerveGear
    i dont see why it would matter, it tracks perfectly fine when you look at the sky(ceiling of room) I just need the headset to let me calibrate the neutral position of me reclining as center of view not looking at sky
  • ftlchrisftlchris Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I do understand how inside out tracking works, and I can say with relative certainty that this is not a technical reason for not solving the problem. Visual calibration is a simple transform applied on top of whatever the tracking believes is the origin/basis.

However I do suspect that what you guys suggest is 'overkill' for what you're trying to achieve. Tilting the floor would, in my experience, cause serious nausea in many people, as it would give the impression gravity pointed in a different direction to reality - your body/ears would tell you the floor was flat, but your eyes would say it was a ramp. This, as you can imagine is not something you want built into the OS!

If you were to approach this, I'd say it was more a job for anybody writing video players to allow the user to position the video screen at a none-zero angle. i.e. you aren't rotating the world, you're simply moving the tv. Sadly that's not a 1 SDK update fixes all thing though!

That's my few cents anyhoo :)
    NerveGear
    why do you think its overkill? also motion sickness is not a issue. I watch movies at odd angles for hours and no issues . plus some of the games i would like to play are super non movement ,like bait
    but even that simple game are unplayable to me because i am looking at the sky with no option to reset it to a good view

• MyzriMyzri Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Yep not having this is narrow minded and lazy
    NerveGear
    please keep this issue in mind