Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Vulkan and HDR on Quest actually possible?

virtualHCGvirtualHCG Posts: 51
Hiro Protagonist
edited October 2019 in Unreal Development
So far the recommendation is to turn off Mobile HDR but I keep reading this articles online referencing that Vulkan would allow for Mobile HDR on the Quest, for example, quoting from https://venturebeat.com/2019/08/10/unreal-engine-now-supports-vulkan-for-oculus-quest-and-go/ :

"Facebook claims that on Epic’s Sun Temple engine sample Vulkan reduces frame times from 16ms to 13ms, a roughly 20% improvement. The company also explained that Vulkan allows for HDR rendering."

I tested it and my project crashes at launch on the Quest when built with Mobile HDR ON and only Vlukan enabled (works fine with HDR OFF and only Vulkan enabled). Is this something actually possible right now? Using OpenGL and HDR ON also causes a crash, which seems to be expected, but I was wondering if based on Facebook's statements this is different with Vulkan. All my tests have been done using the latest 4.23 integration.

Thanks!

Comments

• rasamayarasamaya Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Yup Vulkan crashes with Mobile HDr for me too. Very difficult to post process or even white balance walls etc. Annoying for sure.
  • virtualHCGvirtualHCG Posts: 51
    Hiro Protagonist
    From my experience, it seems that unless another forum user knows the answer, questions posted in this forum go unanswered by official Oculus support staff (I guess that is why the forums are listed under the "Self-Help Resources" header in their support page). I've had better luck submitting a bug ticket directly, which might eventually get answered. I just did that here: https://developer.oculus.com/bugs/bug/460164121326245/
  • remozremoz Posts: 58
    Hiro Protagonist
    any news on this?
  • LinsomontLinsomont Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Is there any news on the above-mentioned topic?