Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Teleportation system for Quest in Unity

TalsiSunstormTalsiSunstorm Posts: 3
NerveGear
Hi,
I have issues with teleportation system in Unity and I was hopping to get some help around here. Now, I have basic understanding about game development but I am very much new to this.
By following tutorial on youtube ("How to Teleport in VR" by Valem - can't post links apparently :/ ) i have tried to make teleportation system, but no matter what I do, it does not work. I read several articles and Oculus documentation (including Locomotion Sample Scene - and even if I set it precisely as in this document it still does not work) and according to all I read it should work. But instead of teleporting me to designated spot, it kind of pushes me around. There seams to be some weird correlation between where I point and where end up - I would say its mirrored but its hard to say.
I am using Unity version  2018.4.12f1 with latest version of Oculus Integration (1.42). I just need very basic (push button -> aim -> release to teleport) functional teleportation system to learn on. :'(
Could anyone help?

Comments

• Timo3000Timo3000 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    The teleportation system was broken from the beginning on. I just tested it with 1.42 and yes, still broken. There are some ideas to fix it (e.g. set correct fixed time) but nothing works for me. It's a real pain, because this is such an integral point in making a game and they just don't fix it :-(
  • jjennings1990jjennings1990 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm also  having  a really hard time getting teleportation working , I actually followed a tutorial for how to get teleportation working for  the rift and it doesn't workin the Quest  the first time it does a teleport push but it's like the lasers aren't following my player and OVR controller , then I tried using the locomotion sample scene and like you said OP it almost seems inverted  as it send me somewhere opposite where I point when the locomotion options even activate.
  • TalsiSunstormTalsiSunstorm Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Timo3000 said:
    The teleportation system was broken from the beginning on. I just tested it with 1.42 and yes, still broken. There are some ideas to fix it (e.g. set correct fixed time) but nothing works for me. It's a real pain, because this is such an integral point in making a game and they just don't fix it :-(
    That's not very encouraging, thank for the reply thou ;-) 
    Does anyone have working tutorial (or prefab) for teleportation that I could use?
  • TalsiSunstormTalsiSunstorm Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Finally found solution!
    Anyone who is having similar issues, you can follow new tutorial at learn unity its called "Design, Develop, and Deploy for VR". For most parts it uses assets from VRTK instead of Oculus Integration (maybe that's why it works :smile: ).