Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Link, Quest, and Unity

AdamZ101AdamZ101 Posts: 17
NerveGear
Good news... with Link you're now able to Play your scene WITHOUT building the apk!

All I did was download the latest Oculus package from the Asset Store and install it.
Download and install the Oculus desktop software.
Reboot.
Connect the PC to Quest via approved USB cable.
Open the Oculus desktop (make sure the Oculus desktop software finds the Quest) and keep it open or minimized.
Check to see if the Rift style home area loads. If so you're good.
Then open your project/scene that's setup for Quest and hit the Play button.
That's it!

I also tested an HDRP Rift project and that works too.

Happy Questing!

Comments

• will.petillowill.petillo Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Where can I get the Oculus desktop software for the quest?  This seems like it would be the place: oculus.com/setup, but the section for the Quest only has options to download to mobile.  Should I get the software for one of the other devices like Rift S, work through mobile somehow, or go elsewhere?
  • MVRKDEVMVRKDEV Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    edited January 14
    Keep in mind that accessing the Quest's guardian system as well as the hand tracking does not seem to work via the link cable. 
  • AdamZ101AdamZ101 Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Where can I get the Oculus desktop software for the quest?  This seems like it would be the place: oculus.com/setup, but the section for the Quest only has options to download to mobile.  Should I get the software for one of the other devices like Rift S, work through mobile somehow, or go elsewhere?
    Download the Rift S software.