Hi, After running the automated VRC tests in the oculus debug tool, i'm growing concerned about the ability to accurately test my framerate for oculus rift s.
The vrc testframerate fails, giving me an average of 67.5 fps (I should be hitting 80 for this oculus rift s). if I enable the performance hud and run the app again, i see conflicting statistics. Application GPU/CPU render times are about 3ms each, but the "app queue ahead" time is around 30ms? App framerate is shown perfectly locked at 60fps. If my total frame time is somewhere around 6-7ms, why am i getting a framerate at half that?
The first scene in my unity build is a nearly empty menu scene, just a skybox and a simple menu. This runs perfectly fine in the unity editor, and usually a non-editor build will always run a little faster. I've tried changing vsync settings, running the app with nothing else open, restarting my computer even, nothing helps me hit the required 80fps in a near empty scene!
Edit: I've upgraded from oculus integration 1.41 to 1.42, no change there. I also tried toggling the queue ahead option in the OVRManager component, didn't seem to change anything.
Here's me rendering an almost empty scene in unity editor, easily getting 100+fps
Unity 2019.2.1, windows 10 running a GTX 970, oculus integration from ap store version 1.41, will try upgrading to 1.42