IMPORTANT:

All Oculus Quest developers MUST PASS the concept review prior to gaining publishing access to the Quest Store and additional resources. Submit a concept document for review as early in your Quest application development cycle as possible: https://developer.oculus.com/quest-pitch/

For additional information and context, please see "Submitting Your App to the Oculus Quest Store".
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Texture artifacts from Google Seurat

Hi there

I am currently porting a Unity SteamVR experience to the Quest, and as the scene was quite detailed, and the entire experience occurs in a single space, it seemed ideal to use Google Seurat to generate the background scenery. This has worked really well for the most part, however I am encountering visible seams in the geometry when exported to and run on the Quest, which are not visible when viewing the same experience using a Rift S.

Here are some screenshots of the same experience:

Rift S

Quest

I have tried many different Seurat option to get rid of the seams (eg. premultiply_alpha=false) and tried different texture output sizes from Seurat, and tried many different texture compression formats for Android on the Unity texture import settings (including all the ASTC variants as advised by Oculus, and non-compressed formats), different max import texture sizes, different import texture qualities, all of which seem to make no difference.

Just looking for any other suggestions or experiences other have had, and checking that my assumption that this is likely do to differences in texture compression.

Thanks in advance
Tagged: