Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Oculus Unity Integration - v12.0 (12/19/2019)

NinjaGGNinjaGG Posts: 239 Oculus Staff
edited December 2019 in Unity Development

Version 12.0 of our integration for Unity has been released!

(Version numbers are changing to align with new standardization efforts - v12.0 comes after v1.42)

The Oculus Integration for Unity package adds scripts, prefabs, samples, and other resources to supplement Unity’s built-in support. The package includes an interface for controlling VR camera behavior, a first-person control prefab, a unified input API for controllers, advanced rendering features, object-grabbing and haptics scripts for Touch, debugging tools, and more. For more information, see our Unity Getting Started Guide.
You can grab the latest version of our Unity Integration here (through the Unity Asset Store): https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/integration/oculus-integration-82022
More information, as well as general known issues with Unity, about this release can be found here.

New Features

• Added hand tracking support on Oculus Quest

Developer Preview Disclaimer: Hand tracking is presented as a developer preview feature in this release. Apps using this feature will not currently be accepted for submission into any Oculus release channels until the feature exits the developer preview phase in a future release.
  • Added support for a default third person camera in MRC

Integration Changes

• Updated the Oculus Unity Integration to v12.0, including:
    • Updated the Audio Spatializer to 12.0
    • Updated the LipSync integration to 1.43
    • Updated the Platform integration to 12.0
    • Updated the Avatar integration to 1.42

Sample Changes

Importing the latest Oculus Integration

When importing a new version of the Oculus Integration into an existing project, follow the steps on Importing the Oculus Utilities Package to ensure a smooth upgrade experience.

Known Issues

Please read the release notes in their entirety here: https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/unity-integration/

Legacy Unity Release Archive

Legacy versions of the Unity Integration can be found in the Unity Integration Archive.

The thread for the previous version (v1.42) can be found here: https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/82211/oculus-unity-integration-v1-42-10-23-19

If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
2. Please submit a ticket here (include what you've gathered in step 1).
3. Tag me @NinjaGaijin once you have done so!

Comments

• Timo3000Timo3000 Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Great Work (finally)!!!
    I can't wait to test hand tracking in my projects but I am REALLY looking forward to finally use locomotion ;-)
    And I already tested it and I can confirm: It is working!!!! ;-)
    Thx
  • ScrapemistScrapemist Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I'm using this in 2018.4.14 and stereoscopic rendering doens't seem to work. Empty project -> OVRcamerarig -> XR enabled. And yes, I enabled Use separate Camera per eye. Targeting oculus go.
  • tommosaurtommosaur Posts: 38 Oculus Start Member
    nice regarding the hand tracking, but the Stereo180Video example scene can't be deployed from this.
    I followed the steps in the readme to get that going but when i try to deploy it to quest i get lots of errors like
    NativeVideoPlayer.java:138: error: method does not override or implement a method from a supertype

I then tried it in a blank project using older Oculus integration 1.37 and the steps were a bit different back then but doing those then it deploys and runs fine on Quest from the Oculus 1.37 integration.

The types of errors i get when trying the deploy of the video example scene from latest Oculus Integration 12 sound to me like there is a mismatch in version between the classes as things not implemented in the other seem to be attempted to be done.

• lucas.easton.7lucas.easton.7 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited January 13
    Hi, ive installed Oculus Intergration v12.0 from the asset store, but I cant find any of the hand tracking SDK in my project. HandsInteractionTrainScene does not seem to be there.

What am I doing wrong?
    Regards,
    Lucas

Edit: Never mind, found the problem. Unity was telling me I didnt have the latest version of Oculus Integration and when I clicked yes, Update it rolled it back to a previous version, haha.
  • ArbitrarArbitrar Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited January 16
    I am stuck in a loop when I try to establish an organization for my development team on the oculus dashboard ( dashboard.oculus dot com/organizations/create/ ), as I click accept on the NDA, then Send to submit the name of the organization, but then I am being sent back to the NDA and the loop continues. Meaning I cant use my Quest headsets, which is TRULY annoying. PLEASE help! (I have now tried all my 3 different browsers, and even filled out the form on my iPhone to see if it was related to my browsers, but no, it actually seems like the "Submit" or "Send" button (it is translated, so I am not sure what it says in English)
  • andrei_boscoandrei_bosco Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I've noticed that OVRLint is tagging a lot of materials has having more than 2 passes. Shouldn't the passCount on OVRLint.cs (line 703) check for 2 instead of 1 ?
  • vrz_devvrz_dev Posts: 22
    NerveGear
    This update is definitely breaking any teleportation setup, please check this link for details https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/85790/teleport-not-working-on-quest-after-upgrading-oculus-unity-integration-to-v12/p1?new=1
    other developers have been stuck on this from December and didn't receive any support (several reddit posts were submitted). Please advice