cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus DebugUI LaserPointer doesn't work as of Unity version 2018.4.14f

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Oculus Integration package sample LaserPointer (demo located in Oculus/SampleFramework/Usage/DebugUI) doesn't work with Unity versions 2018.4.13f+.

I've made several tests and it doesn't seem to be related to the version of the Oculus Integration, but to the Unity Project Version itself (works up to 2018.4.12f). Taking the DebugUI sample scene as example, it works as intended in the Unity Editor, but once you build it, it will not register click events (I'm using the Oculus Go). This problem can be fixed simply by changing the project's Unity Version as stated above and rebuilding it. 

I do hope you are aware of this issue and working for a fix, as currently it seems like the only decent LaserPointer sample included in the package.
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
The issue was that in previous versions the default value "One" of the field "Joy Pad Click Button" of the script "OVR Input Module" worked correctly with the Oculus Go controller trigger. As of version 2018.4.13f, it needs to be manually set to "Primary Index Trigger".