Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Aligning world with Guardian Play Area

SharpeGameSharpeGame Posts: 3
NerveGear
I seem to be at a loss for I have been working on this problem for the last couple of days.

I am trying to create a game where the player walks through the environment by walking around their play area given it meets the requirements (7 ft x 7 ft). I, however, seem to not be able to make the world align with the play area. I am able to get the play area and calculate where the player is inside of the play area as well as calculate the angle in which the world needs to be rotated to become aligned with the play area. Nothing that I do has seemed to work despite the numbers I have gotten. Has anyone else done this and can give me pointers or a solution on how this might be done?

Comments

• MVRKDEVMVRKDEV Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    I'm trying to accomplish the same thing with the Quest, so I'll +1 this. Out of curiosity, are you currently building to the device every time you want to test something or are you using the link cable? 
  • SharpeGameSharpeGame Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited January 9
    MVRKDEV said:
    I'm trying to accomplish the same thing with the Quest, so I'll +1 this. Out of curiosity, are you currently building to the device every time you want to test something or are you using the link cable? 

I have not gotten my oculus link cable yet so unfortunately, I have been building to my quest every time. 
  • MVRKDEVMVRKDEV Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Ah, I see. I guess I'll just have to abandon the link cable to accomplish this goal until they confirm or deny whether we can access the guardian system with it. I'll let you know if I make any headway with aligning the world to the play area.