IMPORTANT:

All Oculus Quest developers MUST PASS the concept review prior to gaining publishing access to the Quest Store and additional resources. Submit a concept document for review as early in your Quest application development cycle as possible: https://developer.oculus.com/quest-pitch/

For additional information and context, please see "Submitting Your App to the Oculus Quest Store".
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

How to set up Unity Quest hand tracking development workflow?

jphilippjphilipp Posts: 28
Brain Burst
edited January 11 in Oculus Quest Development
Hi! I want to develop a hand tracking prototype, but what's the workflow?

I've got an Anker cable and successfully set up the Oculus Link connection from Windows to my Oculus Quest, on which I also successfully upgraded and opted in to the experimental hand tracking, so I can use my hands fine. But when I establish the Link connection, it apparently switches to the Rift UI, which removes the Hands feature and goes back to controllers. Thus, now when I run the HandTest scene by Oculus -- where OVRCameraRig is properly set to "Hands Only" or "Controllers and Hands" -- I do not get any Hands during my Unity-editor live running of the app. (Unity is latest stable 2019.3.0f1, Platform switched to Android build.) The Hand prefabs are properly available in the scene.

What to do? Many thanks!
- Anyland dev -

Comments

• jphilippjphilipp Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    I figure I'm going about this wrongly, and need go the ADB route.
    - Anyland dev -