Hey guys, strange problem here.
So I've been trying to get spatialized audio working between two user's (one rift, one go) using Platform sdk Voip and essentially while the VoIP works great, the spatialization doesn't work on Rift, but works on Go. Here's the details.
- Unity 2019.2.8.f1
- Voip hi level .audiosource.spatialized set to true
- Testing between a Rift and a Go
- The Go's spatialization works great with the same code
- The audio settings in project settings for rift and go projects are the same
- Spatializer plugin is set to OculusSpatializer
- Spatial blend doesn't work on rift either (even with spatialize off)
- Other audio sources in the Rift scene use spatial blend or spatialize and it works fine
So its kind of this weird spot where it works on the Go side with the same settings, code, and unity version, and also on Rift for audio sources other than the Go avatar, but not on the Go avatar with audio coming in through VoIP.
It appears to be bypassing the audio source settings, which would be in line with what I'd expect given its using onaudiofilterread and there's no clip set, but then why does it work on the Go? Help appreciated. Or just any way around it.