Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Pointing with CustomHand while near Physical UI

SolveHSolveH Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hello.  :)

I am trying to create a physical UI and want to make my hand automatically go into the pointing position where a rigidbody is added. I see that when the "Flex" parameter from the animator is 1.0f and the others are not affected, the hand can interact with physical elements. For the simplicitiy of the user, I want the hand to flex into a pointing position automatically when he is near a physical UI, instead of having to press the grip button. 

In Star Wars Vader Immortal series I really liked that the grip button fingers was gradually squeezing together, when moving the hand closer to a button. 

I am using Unity version 2018.4.8f1 together with Oculus 1.38.4 and VRTK. I have a pinpad with buttons that use the directional joint drive from VRTK. I am kind of new to Unity and the animator, since I am doing a project for my master thesis, but what I want to do is create a zone near the pinpad and a script that automatically makes the hand go into this "state".
The pictures below shows what I want to do when the hand is near the physical UI.