Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Why is it suddenly impossible to create stencils? | Oculus Medium

venrouvenrou Posts: 3
NerveGear
Hey,
I started using Oculus Medium with the Rift S on a Windows 10 machine this january. 
Everything was fine but now when I make a stencil it is stuck on the loading screen and turns into the cinemascreen view with everything around that rectangle being black. Also when turning the head the contours of whats on the screen smear if that is relevant. 
I tried letting it do its thing for 15 minutes but nothing changed (the sound of it processing continued though. I also restarted and updated Windows and the Oculus Firmware, tried different projects and even just tried turning extremely lowpoly-blobs into stencils but it´s all leading to the mentioned freezing.

My machine specs are:
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070
CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2920X
and 32 GB of RAM. 
Other than Google Chrome and Spotify I didn't multitask heavily either. It just suddenly stopped working fine.

Do you have any clue what the root of the cause could be or if this is a common problem by any chance?

Kind Regards and my sincerest thanks for your help, everyone!
Stefan

Answers

• LinsomontLinsomont Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    thanks for the information. To find out more about it visit our website.
  • VordVord Posts: 7
    Brain Burst
    edited February 15
    It’s a known bug that they say they’re fixing in a future update, but for now there’s no way to fix it. And they don’t give a shit about the forums anymore so they aren’t coming on here and answering anyone’s questions. 
  • venrouvenrou Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    For everyone with the same issue seeing this:
    I was in contact with the support and a workaround is to roll back the graphics driver to a version before 436.30. I hope for everyone with the same issues that they do not need the current NVIDIA updates just yet.