IMPORTANT:

All Oculus Quest developers MUST PASS the concept review prior to gaining publishing access to the Quest Store and additional resources. Submit a concept document for review as early in your Quest application development cycle as possible: https://developer.oculus.com/quest-pitch/

For additional information and context, please see "Submitting Your App to the Oculus Quest Store".
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Audio on the Oculus Quest has faster speed and higher pitch when exported from UE4

Hi, 

I am working with Unreal Engine 4.22.3 and Oculus Quest. The voice of my characters (wav files) is fine when I test on my desktop through UE4 or any other software. However, it is not the same when I export to the Oculus Quest. In the Quest the voices are faster and with a higher pitch. They sound like chipmunks. What can be causing this?

I'm exporting my audio from Audible as a "WAV (Microsoft) signed 16-bit PCM" and I simply drag and drop the file into Unreal Engine Content folder to import it. Here is a screenshot of the details from the audio file. I hope this has an easy answer. It is the first time I put a voice to actors in VR. Your help would be very much appreciated! Thanks

*No errors or warnings are shown either

Answers

• ebody-artefactsebody-artefacts Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi cesar.

Try down-sampling your audio files to 44,100. It should do the trick.
  • cesar3dartistcesar3dartist Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    Hi cesar.

Try down-sampling your audio files to 44,100. It should do the trick.
    I updated to 4.24 and that fixed it. It broke other things but the audio was fixed with the recent updates.