New UE version 4.25 - some changes / issues. Lets put them in one topic for an easy overview and catching up..
4.25.0 preview 1
- Too bad, the new Epic-GPU lightmass plugin is not in this version. Target might be 4.26 (if you build the dev branch you get 4.26)
- When you make a build for Quest, it will fail and you need to install a newer NDK (21). Normally its in the UE extras directory. Not yet. Find it here https://developer.android.com/ndk/downloads
Download it, extract the zip and put it in the NVPACK dir. Change the Dir in the project settings.
- With the new NDK, building for Quest works but it immediately crashes on Quest. There are a few new project settings but haven't found the right combo yet. ADB logcat has: 'Abort message: 'The requested API version in ovrInitParms (18.104.22.168) is not compatible with this version of VrApi Loader (22.214.171.124)!''. No clue if this is a user setting or a Engine-bug. Reported at Epic.
- update 03-05: tried both building a new project and re-using an existing and working 4.24 project. Both crash on Quest. Only difference is the existing project takes longer to crash.
- update 03-06 "The crash on Quest is known and we're working to have it fixed prior to full 4.25 release."