Oculus SDK: 12.0 / 13.0 / 14.0
It looks like the last few versions of the Oculus Unity Integration are not working on Quest when built from Unity 2018.1 anymore.
- Create a new Unity project in Unity 2018.1.9f2
- Download Oculus Unity Integration 1.43 and import it into the project (enough to import just the VR subfolder)
- Open the Oculus/VR/Scenes/Cubes sample scene and set it as the only scene in the build settings
- Open the project settings and make sure these settings are correct:
* Virtual Reality Supported is checked in the 'XR Settings' section
* Only the 'Oculus' SDK is selected in the 'XR Setting' section 'Virtual Reality SDKs' list
* 'Minimum API Level' is set to API level 16 in the 'Other Settings' section
- Build and run the application to Quest
This should run correctly.
Now try following the same steps, but replace the version of the Oculus Unity Integration in step 2 with version 12.0 or above and the application will not run correctly anymore. Instead, it will open up on a flat screen inside the Quest OS.
- As a shortcut, instead of following all these steps from scratch, I close Unity, delete the Oculus folder, open unity and re-import the Oculus Integration.
- I tested this on versions 1.42, 1.43, 12.0, 13.0, 14.0
- I can't upgrade my game from 2018.1 because it relies on UNET for multiplayer, and UNET stops working above this version (even though Unity's documentation suggests otherwise).