Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Oculus Go controller input mapping on Unreal Engine 4.24.3?

SilweriSilweri Posts: 4
NerveGear
This is most likely very very noob question, but I have googled for weeks for this...

Could anybody help me to figure out how to get the touchpad, trigger and back button on Go controller mapped to Unreal Engine 4.24.3 inputs?
There's no "Motion Controller Trigger, Thumbstick Up, ect." available and I can't figure out how to get touchpad to work either clicking or swiping up, down, left, right.

I would be very very grateful if somebody could please help me.
Tagged:

Comments

• MaxArchMaxArch Posts: 195 Oculus Start Member
    They were broken in 4.24 but should be working again in 4.24.3 - haven't tested them myself though. https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-85917

Did you look in the ProjectSettings-Inputs? Just add an Axis mapping and look for Oculus GO...
    After that, you can use those events in the blueprints for moving etc.

• SilweriSilweri Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Thank you for tip. I've tried all combinations I can guess, but I can only get the trigger and whole touch pad to work. I can't get the touch pads up and down sides separated no matter what I do.

Could you please, or anybody else, upload a template with just simply right Oculus Go input mappings setup on project? I can't find any sample for Unreal 4.24.3 that works and I'm currently stuck... 
  • MaxArchMaxArch Posts: 195 Oculus Start Member
    @silweri My GO is stored in a box - not using it much (using Quest) and lacking the time at the moment. Why not post on https://answers.unrealengine.com/index.html
    Could be a bug OR maybe a GO user can help you there.

• SilweriSilweri Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Thank you. I'll try there. At the mean time, everything seems to work with UE 4.23.1, so I'll continue with that.