Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Unreal Engine MacOS Install Guide for Oculus Quest Help

Metaverse-AdventuresMetaverse-Adventures Posts: 18
Brain Burst
edited March 21 in Unreal Development

Hello,

Could someone please link me to the Official Oculus Unreal on MacOS Installation guide for the Quest OR tell me it is simply not a supported option by Oculus.  

I have tinkered with Unreal Engine on the DK2 and Rift in the past on a Windows machine and found the install and first launch/build to be a snap. This time around I am on MacOS and developing for the Quest and OMFG it has been a total train wreck so far. I found a recent YouTube video on Unreal for Quest development on MacOS, but when I go to Launch or Build my app, I get errors. I watched the video 3 times and triple checked  that I did everything correctly. Other commenters I noticed had simailr issues so I thought I would come to the source and find the Oculus Official Installation guide for Unreal on MacOS for Quest. I cannot locate.  

Thanks for all your help to get me up and running.

Comments

• Metaverse-AdventuresMetaverse-Adventures Posts: 18
    Brain Burst
    Quiet in here :-(
  • Metaverse-AdventuresMetaverse-Adventures Posts: 18
    Brain Burst
    Why is the Unreal support for Oculus Quest so absent?  I cannot find an installation guide anywhere on these Oculus Development pages other than generic tips. Where is the step by step? I found an install video by tejw2012, but when I go to Launch, I am getting all sorts of JDK and SDK errors.  I am on MacOS Catalina.
  • nynexlanynexla Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Im on Mac running Catalina as well, crickets. I am just trying to get VR preview working. But I feel you need to run the OCULUS Desktop which is pc only.