Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Oculus quest no Sturtup loading splash screen

FeroxDFeroxD Posts: 41
Brain Burst
Hello, i tried to add default loading screen when app only opened, but i cannot see the splash screen i tried a lot but on start not works.. With the blueprints yes all work and ok, but not from OculusVR plugin on startup apk in the Oculus Quest.
I download Oculus version 4.24 of Unreal engine 4 from repo:
https://github.com/Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine/tree/4.24

Image with my plugin setup:

Do some on knows for to fix it ?

Comments

• en-austinen-austin Posts: 7 Oculus Start Member
    edited March 27
    I have this fixed in my fork of 4.24. If you're logged into GitHub you should be able to browse my commit here:

Removing the frame number comparison around line 210 should be the fix to get the splash screen to render on Quest once again.

• FeroxDFeroxD Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    en-austin said:
    I have this fixed in my fork of 4.24. If you're logged into GitHub you should be able to browse my commit here:

Removing the frame number comparison around line 210 should be the fix to get the splash screen to render on Quest once again.

Oh thank you! Good, i will tray that, I hope it will fix that screen issue. Thanks
    I should also mention that my project has been using Vulkan forward rendering - I haven't tried the OpenGL renderer in several months. I doubt that matters for the splash screen problem but just wanted to note it.
    Brain Burst
    en-austin said:

I tried that on 4.24.4 and i got an errors. Mb it's coz i just copied the code from github to the engine and build with "adaptive non-unity build". Or how i should use it, mb from github pull it? But i did not find the link.. I have access to the engine and Oculus versions i attach also screens with errors hope it's will be helpful if you know that issue.

edited April 1
    I'd say try removing the changes you copied from my fork - once you feel you've got everything removed, compile the engine again and ensure there's no compilation errors.

Change line 212 from:
    if ( ovrp_GetInitialized() && OculusHMD->WaitFrameNumber != Frame->FrameNumber)
    to
    if (ovrp_GetInitialized())

Compile the engine again and ensure that it builds without errors. Finally, create a Quest build to see if the splash screen is present.

Brain Burst
    en-austin said:
    I'd say try removing the changes you copied from my fork - once you feel you've got everything removed, compile the engine again and ensure there's no compilation errors.

Change line 212 from:
    if ( ovrp_GetInitialized() && OculusHMD->WaitFrameNumber != Frame->FrameNumber)
    to
    if (ovrp_GetInitialized())

Compile the engine again and ensure that it builds without errors. Finally, create a Quest build to see if the splash screen is present.

Thanks, you so much it's working!
    And hope your answer will help a lot of developers.