Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Disabling OVR GazePointer but still using LaserPointer from UIHelpers in Oculus Integration

YamatoSpecialYamatoSpecial Posts: 1
NerveGear

Unity version 2019.3
Hardware: Oculus Rift

I am looking for a way to disable the GazePointer from functioning but still use the LaserPointer from the UIHelpers prefab within the Oculus Integration in Unity. I see that the Laser Pointer is allowing me to click buttons in a UI Canvas but also when I move my HMD(head) I can tell that the Gaze Pointer is also selecting button UI elements and I do not want it to. I am trying to implement a touch-screen like physical interaction as the sole means of interacting with UI elements and do not want the GazePointer as a way to interact with UI elements but it seems to be tightly coupled with the Laser Pointer stuff in the OVRInputModule.cs script.

All help is appreciated.

Comments

• WeitinWeitin Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    I was never able to get GazePointer working so I don't know how to set it up, can you point me to a scene or prefab where it works?
    Wei Tin Yuen, VR Developer  B)
    Toronto, Canada
    http://tinforge.com/