Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Oculus subsystem and dedicated server connection issue

EanirEanir Posts: 14 Oculus Start Member
edited May 2020 in Unreal Development
My game has an open world running on a dedicated server where clients can join and leave any time. It also has PvP sessions using Oculus' matchmaking service. To use the matchmaking service I have to use the OculusNetConnection net driver. If I set this up in DefaultEngine.ini, then clients can host/join games, but they are not able to connect to the dedicated server due to 'Connection TIMED OUT'. If I roll back to the default UE4 netdriver, then clients can join to the dedicated server, but obviously they can't make sessions. How can I connect to the dedicated server using OculusNetConnection? Here is the DefaultEngine.ini:

[OnlineSubsystem]
DefaultPlatformService=Oculus
bHasVoiceEnabled=true

[OnlineSubsystemOculus]
bEnabled=true
OculusAppId=**********************
RiftAppID=**********************

[Voice]
bEnabled=true

[/Script/OnlineSubsystemOculus.OculusNetDriver]
ServerTravelPause=4.0

[/Script/Engine.GameEngine]
+NetDriverDefinitions=(DefName="GameNetDriver",DriverClassName="/Script/OnlineSubsystemOculus.OculusNetDriver",DriverClassNameFallback="/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver")

[/Script/OnlineSubsystemOculus.OculusNetDriver]
NetConnectionClassName="/Script/OnlineSubsystemOculus.OculusNetConnection"

[/Script/Engine.NetDriver]
AllowPeerConnections=False
AllowPeerVoice=False
ConnectionTimeout=60.0
InitialConnectTimeout=60.0
KeepAliveTime=0.2
MaxClientRate=15000
MaxInternetClientRate=10000
RelevantTimeout=5.0
SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.0
ServerTravelPause=4.0
NetServerMaxTickRate=30
MaxPortCountToTry=512

Tagged:

Comments

• EanirEanir Posts: 14 Oculus Start Member
    Any thoughts on this? Did anyone manage to run both dedicated servers and matchmaking? Is it possible to run a dedicated server with OculusNetConnection? Or is it possible to run matchmaking sessions with the default UnetConnection? Should I use different net drivers somehow?
  • twistedpixel_bobtwistedpixel_bob Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    did you get this figured out?