IMPORTANT:

All Oculus Quest developers MUST PASS the concept review prior to gaining publishing access to the Quest Store and additional resources. Submit a concept document for review as early in your Quest application development cycle as possible: https://developer.oculus.com/quest-pitch/

For additional information and context, please see "Submitting Your App to the Oculus Quest Store".
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Open Oculus Quest application from Oculus Browser (deep link)

khelkunkhelkun Posts: 3
NerveGear
I'd like to use deep linking (or what one could call custom URI scheme or custom application Protocol) from the Oculus Browser to open my Oculus Unity application.
Here's what the doc states about deep linking:
developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/ps-deep-linking/

Apparently another developer attempted to do that on Oculus Go unsuccessfuly, because the Oculus Browser blocks the deep link opening:
forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/69199/oculus-go-opening-application-from-the-browser

Here's what Unity doc states about deep lin on Android:
connect.unity.com/p/deep-linking-on-android-ios-with-unity

And it seems it gets blocked on Oculus Quest Web Browser.
Anyone already achieved this with succes ? If it's not supported by the Oculus Web browser, could this be supported in a near future please?

N.B: sorry for the screen captures instead of code paste but the code contains URLs and I'm not allowed to post URLs on the forum
Here's what I can see in the "Android Device Monitor" Log when I click a link hosted on 192.168.1.23:5000 :

Here is the application AndroidManifest.xml from the Android exported gradle project from Unity:

android:name="com.vizua.launcher.UnityPlayerActivity" is the right Activity path and matches the "Player Settings > Others Settings > Identification > Package Nale" in Unity.

Comments