IMPORTANT:

All Oculus Quest developers MUST PASS the concept review prior to gaining publishing access to the Quest Store and additional resources. Submit a concept document for review as early in your Quest application development cycle as possible: https://developer.oculus.com/quest-pitch/

For additional information and context, please see "Submitting Your App to the Oculus Quest Store".
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Hide missing controller warnings inside a hands-only Unity Quest app?

bart_artanimbart_artanim Posts: 2
NerveGear
We're developing a Quest app to be used in a public venue. For ease of use we have barely any interaction, and the hand tracking feature saves us from having to hand people controllers and what not. 

The app itself works fine. The only issue we're facing is that without the controllers present and visible to the Quest, we're getting warnings (black box, white text) that the controllers are not found. And I can't seem to find a way to make the Quest understand that that's exactly what I want :smiley:

Is there a way to full turn off such notifications in the app? I'm not looking to publish an app so failing any Oculus requirements for publishing is not something I'm worried about. We may eventually even switch to the "for enterprise" version of the Quest if we can finally get a response to our requests.

I have tried to remove the batteries from the controllers, unpaired the controllers completely, etc. but all to no avail. This does seem to reduce the frequency of the warnings, but it doesn't make them go away. 

I'm on Unity 3.9.10f1, using the Oculus Integration package v17.0. 

Comments

• bart_artanimbart_artanim Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have been informed by another developer that they have no such issues, the only difference being that they develop on Unreal rather than Unity (which is not an option for us). Could that be? Does anyone have any particular insight?